Elegant Elocutionary DEATH

I am bad at public speaking.

Of all the classes I'm taking this semester, I'm struggling hardest in none other than public speaking. From communication failures to anxiety attacks, the class feels like I'm slowly making everyone hate me while also having heart palpitations. In a nutshell: If no improvement within the next little bit, it will be dropped.
No money back but I feel like when its wasting 300 or 600 bucks vs. anxiety attacks and heart problems, health > money.

In other news, I may have guests again like last year. Zoo plans to maybe come this month later on, my uncle and a certain someone plan to come next month. Dunno if my sister is coming out again but we'll see.

Business as usual.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gotta get me out to calgary again

      Delete
    2. As stated prior, no go during school times. Sorry.

      Delete
  2. I understand the anxiety with public speaking. I can often be very shy during class discussion and will usually refrain from participating.
    One thing that I find helps is over preparing, so for an English class I do all the readings and I look up the assigned text on SparkNotes or something to really cement the concepts in my mind.
    I'm not sure how your Public Speaking class is set up, so I can't comment on how you could prepare for each class, but try and find a way to come up with what you want to say before class starts and perhaps you'll feel more at ease.

    Also, your class doesn't hate you. They may be confused as to why you're struggling, but they don't hate you.
    In my experience the people the class hates are the people who never shut up and always have really stupid questions or points they want to make, so relax and hopefully you can get something useful out of the class :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreciate the understanding. I think with me, overprepping was my demise. Though I think it was more I prepped myself mentally then fell apart. I think I gotta focus more on focusing on not preparing, if that makes sense. I get too caught up making up how it'll go (or not) that I choke and panic over the what ifs. Though I can't say I know really how to blank slate my mind before going...I'll learn?

      Also appreciate your reassurance, I admit I jump to conclusions, but I certainly am not doing the greatest at social interactions in that class. Good to know, I'll try and see what happens :)

      Delete